Mercedes-Benz Compliance Officer
You couldn't pick a better time to join the team here at eStar.
eStar is the new name for Mercedes-Benz Vans and Trucks in the North-West and North Wales. It's our mission to provide an exceptional experience for the region's commercial vehicle community, driven by our customer's needs and inspired by the latest vehicle technology.
We currently have over 300 staff, located across 5 dealerships. Our locations include Warrington, Deeside, Liverpool, Stoke-on-Trent and finally, Trafford Park, which we will soon be transforming into our "eEducation Centre".
With the introduction of a new Board of Directors, who bring a wealth of industry experience, as well as a commitment to the wellbeing and development of our people - you really couldn’t pick a better time to join. Our business is built on communication, and when you join - you will immediately notice the friendly, hard-working team environment.
We strongly believe in retaining our staff, which is why we invest in the future of our people - providing relevant training and development opportunities, so you can exceed in your role and further expand your skills. The team here at eStar are advocates for the Mercedes-Benz brand and always strive to provide the highest level of service, so we can build fantastic relationships and continually exceed our customers’ expectations.
We value our employees – and provide:
- Career development opportunities
- Rewards and benefits
- Superb working conditions
- Branded uniform
- Free onsite parking
- Regular internal communications
- Wellbeing check-ins
- Company pension contribution
- 22 days' paid holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer to join the team based at our site in Wavertree and/or Warrington. You will be reporting into the Group Commercial and Compliance Manager, the Compliance Officer will support the wider business with the administration of risk management activities, including (but not limited to) Health and Safety, insurance, facilities, procurement, quality assurance, internal audit and internal controls.
Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure the Mercedes-Benz experience is delivered to all contacts at all times.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Follow up on actions from H&S meetings, supporting managers as required
- Review risk assessments and cascade to staff as required
- Help instill H&S culture and standards across the business
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with Health and Safety legislation
- Ensure understanding of and compliance with Environmental legislation, including waste management.
- Deal with insurance broker for managing claims
- Help ensure compliance with policy conditions
- Administer Motor Insurance Database
- Assist with coordination of servicing and monitoring of fire and intruder alarm and CCTV
- Perform controls-based testing in areas of stock, creditors, debtors and payroll as required
- Make suggestions for improvements to internal processes
- Assist with supplier vetting and selection
- Support the wider business with ordering goods/services from approved suppliers
- Work towards creation of a quality assurance management system, encompassing Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management
- Other ad hoc projects as required
Skills and experience required:
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Passion for Excellence
- Ideally industry knowledge
- Driving license
- Ability to work individually
The successful applicant will be:
- Enthusiastic, have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and covering letter to our HR Team.