Van Technician - Stoke-on-Trent
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified, professional, and competent Light Commercial Vehicle (Van) Technician to join our team at our Mercedes-Benz dealership located in Stoke-on-Trent.
eStar Truck and Van is an approved Mercedes-Benz dealership group with 5 locations covering the North-West and North Wales.
We sell the full range of new and used Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles including the Vito, Sprinter and Citan vans, Atego, Actros, Arocs, and Econic trucks, as well as the FUSO Canter.
We also provide; Sales and aftersales support for the full range of Mercedes-Benz vans and trucks, and FUSO Canter, 24-hour commercial vehicle workshops, Suppliers of Mercedes-Benz GenuineParts and ReMan Parts, 24 hour roadside assistance and recovery, VOSA Authorised Testing Facilities, Servicing and MOT class 4, 5, 7.
About the Role
Duties include carrying out servicing, diagnostic testing, and repairs to Mercedes-Benz Vans, carrying out vehicle inspections/MOT preparations and repairs and carrying out class 4,5 & 7 MOT tests (if qualified).
For more qualified and experienced Technicians without the experience of working on Mercedes-Benz Vehicles, there may be an opportunity to fast track your Mercedes Technical Qualifications.
This is a full-time permanent position, working in our modern workshop with excellent facilities;
- Your normal working hours will be 07:00-17:00 hrs, Monday to Friday.
- Salary will be £11.84 to £13.78 per hour comprising a basic and shift pay element and is depending on experience. Overtime may be available to further supplement your earnings.
- 30 paid day’s holiday per year.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualifications
You will be competent in the servicing and repairing of vehicles to the highest Manufacturer standards. As well as technical competence in the mechanics of a vehicle, you will also have a thorough knowledge of the electrical components and be comfortable with using the latest diagnostic equipment to identify and rectify faults.
Experience of working with Mercedes-Benz vehicles using Mercedes-Benz diagnostic equipment would be preferred however further Mercedes-Benz training will be provided. A minimum qualification of NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 Certificate is required. You must hold a current driving licence and a Class 4, 5 & 7 MOT qualification is preferred, although not essential.
The successful applicant will be:
- Experienced in either light commercial vehicle or passenger car maintenance.
- Enthusiastic, have a positive 'can do' attitude and willingness to work as part of a team, and be driven to succeed.
- Customer-focused and fully committed to delivering the highest professional standards.
- Resilient, thorough, and accurate when completing a task with strong attention to detail.
- Honest with high levels of integrity.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and be able to work under their own initiative, as well as being able to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
We offer more than a job, when you join us you are placed on a career path with a clear pay structure linked to your progress and Personal Development Plan through the Mercedes-Benz Technical Training Pathway and Qualifications.
- Extra Holidays issued at your 5 and 10 yr points.
- Workplace Pension.
- Career development.
- Free access to Pinpoint, financial planning services.
- Death in Service Benefit.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £11.84-£13.78 per hour
If you are interested in applying for this role, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.